Amir has experience within the transport planning and traffic engineering sector specializing in crowd modelling- simulation and analyzing complex systems.
Bachelor of Science: Civil engineering 2010
Islamic Azad University of Ahvaz, Farhang Blvd, Ahvaz, Iran. Cumulative GPA: 4.00
Master of Science: Transportation engineering 2013
Islamic Azad University- South Tehran branch, Ahang Hwy, Tehran, Iran.
Cumulative GPA: 4.00
- Pedestrian dynamic modeling with social force model
- Emphasis in Crowd modelling and Complexity systems.
- Arman, M. A., Rafe, A. & Kretz, T. (2016) Applied hybrid binary mixed logit to investigate pedestrian gap acceptance behavior at midblock and unsignalized intersection, A Case Study: Tehran, Transportation Part F (submitted).
- Arman, M. A., Rafe, A. & Kretz, T. (2015) Pedestrian Gap Acceptance Behavior, A Case Study: Tehran. In Transportation Research Board 94th Annual Meeting.
- Rafe, A., Karimi, M. (2014) Calibrating Social force model based on design experiments method, The 13th International Conference on Traffic
- Rafe, A., Khavarzade, R. (2014) Investigation of Pedestrian's Gap Acceptance behavior at Crosswalk, The 13th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering.
- Rafe, A., Shariat, A., Kalantari, N., Arman, M.A. & Yazdanpanah, (2014) Pedestrian simulation with Viswalk at various walking facilities, The 13th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering.
Sep.2012- to present: Research assistant, Transportation research Laboratory, Faculty of Civil Engineering Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST)
- Evacuation of Qom holy shrine parking
- Pedestrian dynamic modeling and simulation- Case study: City of Tehran
- Integrated Transportation Modes pricing- Case study: City of Tehran
- Islamshahr Master plan
- Calibration of traffic simulation software
English: Professional working proficiency
German: Elementary proficiency
- Complex system in traffic phenomena
- Crowd dynamic and pedestrian evacuation
- Modern traffic flow theory
- Programming: R, Python, Netlogo
- Traffic Simulation: Ptv.Vissim
- Pedestrian simulation: Ptv.Viswalk, Pathfinder, Legion, FDS+Evac, MassMotion
- Fire simulation: FDS, Pyrosim